Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 July 2010

Info Post

Jeff and I were discussing this last night, which actually somewhat embarrasses me. I mean, really? Coupla' tired ass parents, drifting off to sleep in your comfy bed, and you are using your precious alone time to talk about Mel freakin' Gibson? We might need some kind of counseling. But anyway, Jeff was making the point that Mel's career won't end, but my assessment is that it's all over for him. The same folks at Film News Brief's who said that M. Night would survive are betting with me this time. My reasoning (and exactly these guys'): he's old, hasn't made thaaaaaaaat much money recently, and the people who are doing the firing are Jews and/or gay and just anxious to be rid of his ass. So take that. Jeff said stuff like Apocolypto and Mel's own development projects would pull him through. But knowing how hard it is even for Hollywood big hitters to get stuff made right now, I voted no way. He's just too over the edge.
In the end, Jeff wanted to bet me a dollar that Mel would be okay, but then he said he didn't want tobe the one betting in favor of the crazy guy.
Another friend of mine who seems to have experience with this kind of thing (um...do tell) firmly believes Mel is suffering from a severe mental breakdown and needs meds. And that the right meds will even fix his paranoid racism. I wonder if we can spray those meds in certain areas of the world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment