Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 July 2010

Info Post


"Love is the fart of every heart;
It pains a man when 'tis kept close,
and others doth offend when 'tis let loose."

- Sir John Suckling,
"Loving and Beloved" (1640)

I almost postponed HHD again this week as JPX is on vacation, Whirlygirl is back east, Handsome Stan indicated that he doesn't have the time, and I'm officially out of ideas. Since I couldn't conceive of an acceptable topic, I opted for an unacceptable topic.



fart (färt)
intransitive verb
to pass, or emit, gas from the intestines through the anus

The butt expels gas and it makes a squeaky sound. It smells. Many people find it humorous. But why? That my friends, is what I ask you to ponder today, Haiku Hump Day, July 21, 2010. What is the most memorable/disgraceful/hilarious/unacceptable fart that you've come across or initiated in your lifetime?


"A turd can fossilize into a coprolite permanent enough to reveal its creator's dietary habits to distant future generations, but a fart, no matter how uproarious, slips immediately into history, never to be smelled or heard from again. No mud or amber has ever trapped it. I've heard rumors that there are corked vials containing gas from such personages as Abraham Lincoln and Marilyn Monroe, but no such relic whose origin could be authenticated has ever turned up."

- Jim Dawson
"Who Cut the Cheese?" (1999)



He or she who amuses me most shall obtain the right to state "Yeah, that's right, I won Haiku Hump Day: The Farting Edition".

(Also - check out Catfreeek's awesome post below - don't let it pass like the wind.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment