Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 25 March 2012

Info Post

'This is everything that I've got to say,' Nas tells MTV News of the material on his 10th album.
By Nadeska Alexis


Nas
Photo: MTV News

released his last solo album, Untitled, in 2008, and although he followed that up with the Damian Marley collaboration LP Distant Relatives in 2010, the Queens MC still has a few years' worth of material that he's ready to share with fans on his upcoming 10th album,

Nas told MTV News that the project will find him opening up about all of the experiences he's been unable to communicate over the past few years. "It's been a long time, it's been years since I released a solo studio album, so this record is everything," he says. "This is everything that I've got to say--I guess you've got to live a little and you put that in your music, so it's coming from my life."

The album will also see Nas experimenting with new beats and pairs unexpected production with his thoughtful lyrics. "A lot of the tracks have [come from ideas] where I would take an idea from one of the guys that I'm working with and try to put it together with a different sound that I had in my head, or with someone else," he explained. "[I] just try to get people to collaborate who are not really used to working together and to get something different from me."

Nas dropped the album's first single "The Don" earlier this month, with production from Salaam Remi, Da Internz and the late Heavy D, and the entire project is tentatively slated to arrive by June. "It's a summer album," Nas tells MTV News. "We're gonna shoot the video for 'The Don' and get ready for the next song that's in the chamber. It ain't gon' stop. It's a whole story. '[The] Don' just dropped, so we're just letting that bubble and setting up the next one."

Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1681711/nas-life-is-good-album.jhtml

Carla Campbell Carla Gugino Carmen Electra Carol Grow Carrie Underwood

0 comments:

Post a Comment